Saltwater Fishing School on the Crystal Coast
Saltwater fishing is big on the Crystal Coast! Whether you take a chartered off-shore fishing trip, cast a line in the surf, or drop your line off the pier, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the bounty of the Atlantic.
Would you like to learn how to catch more fish more often in 2016? Then this blog is just for you. We highly recommend attending the hands-on Saltwater Fishing School offered annually on the Crystal Coast to improve your technique and ultimately help you catch more fish more often. You'll gain valuable insight from more than 18 local captains who share their experience and insights on inshore, nearshore, surf, offshore, and blue water fishing. They cover a range of topics that include techniques, equipment, strategy, locations, terminal tackle, electronics, bait and more. You'll be hooked!
The captains selected for the Saltwater Fishing Schools are specialists in their field and their backyard waters include Morehead City, Atlantic Beach, Beaufort, Swansboro, Emerald Isle, Harkers Island, Oriental, Washington, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, Sneads Ferry, Topsail, Oak Island, and Ocean Isle. There are main seminars and several rigging stations going on concurrently all day long, so you will always be able to find a session that most interests you.
Here's what you need to know.
Crystal Coast Saltwater Fishing School Stats
- 2016 Hands-On Saltwater Fishing School runs all day on Saturday, February 20, 2016 from 7:30a.m. to 5p.m. at the Crystal Coast Civic Center.
- The cost is $110 after February 13. (Book early next year and save some money!)
- Cost includes a full day of learning and interacting with local captains; the price includes a Fish School t-shirt, breakfast, snacks, drinks, a Chicken/BBQ lunch, rigging materials, a goodie bag, and door prizes.
- The fishing seminar is hosted by Fisherman's Post, a free publication that covers all saltwater fishing all the time along the Carolina coast.
- The hands-on Saltwater Fishing School is in its 10th year on the Crystal Coast; 7th year in Morehead City, NC.
- Learn more about the Crystal Coast Saltwater Fishing School captains and instructors who'll be teaching you including where they hail from and what their expertise and specialties are.
- The main seminars have three captains working together to thoroughly cover their particular subject material, as well as give their different perspectives on what works for them.
- The rigging stations are smaller and hands-on, with participants tying and making the rigs themselves. This hands-on approach greatly enhances the walk-away knowledge you receive from the school. The rigging stations are supplied by many area tackle manufacturer sponsors, so you’ll leave the Saltwater Fishing School with complimentary terminal tackle. You learn the rigs. You make the rigs. It really is hands on!
More about Fishing on the Crystal Coast
Be sure to check out our local links to learn everything you need to about fishing in Emerald Island and the surrounding Crystal Coast. We are also including some quick links below to help get you started on your next saltwater fishing adventure on the Crystal Coast. It's reel fun!
Have tried your hand at saltwater fishing on the Crystal Coast? Will we see you at the Saltwater Fishing School this year?