4 Free Things To Do This July in Emerald Isle
The month of July is sizzling hot with activities, adventures and things to do during your summer on the Crystal Coast of North Carolina. Emerald Isle is known for its family-friendly atmosphere and for being one of America's favorite beaches. Not only will you enjoy the 13 miles of pristine barrier island beaches and sparkling Atlantic waters, but you'll quickly find that there is so much to do beyond the beaches that it's hard to fit everything in. But that's okay! It's just another reason to come back and visit year after year.
With so much to love about Emerald Isle, we thought we'd focus in on some of the fabulous and absolutely FREE events happening this month on the island, all of which are kid-friendly and family-approved. Check these out.
1. Free Fourth of July Fireworks at Bogue Inlet Pier.
Did you miss our last post? Catch up here! We outlined How to Have the Best 4th of July in Emerald Isle, which includes the July 4th fireworks display off of the Bogue Inlet Pier. It's free, it's festive, and of course it's perfect for families.
Please be mindful that if you're vacationing with your dog in one of our pet-friendly rentals, he may not be as big a fan of fireworks as you are and this is probably not the event for him.
Also please remember that fireworks which explode and/or leave the ground are illegal on Emerald Isle beach and in the state of North Carolina. (You can read up on all of Emerald Isle's beach rules and regulations here.) We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
2. Free Live Concerts at EmeraldFest on the beach.
Stop by the EmeraldFest concert series each Thursday beginning at 6:30p.m. at the Western Ocean Regional Access on the beach in Emerald Isle for some of the best local and regional performances around. You can't beat the coastal setting and the music is pretty great, too. Don't forget to bring a chair or blanket.
This month's EmeraldFest lineup is as follows:
- Thursday, July 6, 2017: 4EverAll (Pop/Variety/Originals)
- Thursday, July 13, 2017: Now & Then (Country/Bluegrass)
- Thursday, July 20, 2017: Bobby Webb & Company (Country)
- Thursday, July 27, 2017: Big Drink (Pop/Rock/Variety)
You can find the full 2017 EmeraldFest concert schedule here.
3. Free Movies for Kids and Families at Emerald Plantation Cinema.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:30a.m. you can bring the family to Emerald Plantation Cinema located at the shopping center at 8400 Emerald Drive for the free summer movie series. The snack bar is open for refreshments, too!
Here's the 2017 free summer movie schedule at Emerald Plantation Cinema for the month of July:
- Wednesday, July 5, 2017: Sing (PG)
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017: The Angry Birds Movie (PG)
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017: Ice Age Collision Course (PG)
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017: Minions (PG)
4. Friday Free Flicks at the Emerald Isle Community Center.
Will we see you at any of these free event in Emerald Isle this month? If so, let us know!