Planning a getaway to Emerald Isle is the perfect way to treat yourself to a bit of R&R. With countless adventures to explore near your Sun-Surf Realty vacation rental, you won’t have any trouble finding ways to fill your days. In addition to memorable activities right in Emerald Isle, your rental puts you close to other incredible North Carolina towns. For an easy day trip, make the quick drive and check out the things to do in Swansboro, NC.
A Checklist of What to Do and See in Swansboro
It only takes about 20 minutes to drive from Emerald Isle to Swansboro, making it a great day trip option to include on your itinerary. Known as the “Friendly City by the Sea,” this North Carolina town is filled with numerous attractions and activities, which means there’s something everyone will enjoy.
- Give yourself plenty of time to explore Hammocks Beach State Park. Wander the trails or hop on the ferry to Bear Island. You can also kayak to Huggins Island.
- Learn about the history of the town on a walking tour. Stops on your self-guided tour include Tucker Littleton House, the George Bell House, and Ward Cemetery.
- Explore the sights out on the open seas on a tour with Lady Swan Boat Tours. Excursion options include sunset cruises, marsh tours, and more.
- Browse the calendar of events to see if any memorable festivals are taking place during your visit.
- Treat yourself to a bit of retail therapy at the shops found along the waterfront downtown. Grab a sweet treat from Candy Edventure, or find a new date night outfit at Jess’s Boutique.
- Reserve your spot on one of the numerous fishing charters that depart from Swansboro, including Nancy Lee Fishing Charters and Pogie’s Fishing.
- Soak in the sunshine on a water adventure. Swansboro Paddle offers a variety of watercraft rentals as well as guided kayak tours.
Before heading home to your Emerald Isle rental, stop by Clyde Phillips Seafood Market to get fresh, locally caught seafood for that night’s dinner.
Reserve Your Emerald Isle Home
Your vacation rental from Sun-Surf Realty not only has all the comforts of home, but it is also conveniently located to some of the best area adventures. Spend the day in nearby Swansboro, NC, exploring all the things to do or tee off at an area golf course.
No matter where your adventures lead you, rest easy knowing you have a cozy place to relax at the end of the day. Our range of Emerald Isle vacation rentals includes homes and condos in various styles, sizes, and locations. Each property is unique and has fantastic amenities, ranging from easy ocean access to private pools. Call 800-553-7873 to learn more about reserving your stay or Fall specials.