Situated on the Southern Outer Banks of North Carolina rests Emerald Isle. Often referred to as the gem of the Crystal Coast, this oceanfront town is an ideal destination for those looking to escape the craziness of life for a little while. Whether you’re planning a getaway with family or friends, there are plenty of things to do and see in Emerald Isle that everyone will enjoy. After checking into your Sun-Surf Realty vacation rental, have fun checking off items on your bucket list.
What to Do and See When Vacationing in Emerald Isle
Whether this is your first or fifth time visiting Emerald Isle, there is always something new and exciting to discover. After checking out all the attractions and activities this area is known for, you’ll soon find out why travelers come back year after year.
- Plan a day trip to Shackleford Banks to see the wild horses that have called the island home for hundreds of years.
- Complete our shelling scavenger hunt that’ll have you looking for everything from scotch bonnets to sand dollars.
- Play a round at Star Hill Golf Club or one of the other local golf courses.
- Make the quick drive to Pine Knoll Shores to visit the North Carolina Aquarium.
- Cruise along the Crystal Coast shoreline on a rental boat from area rental services, including Emerald Isle Adventures and Island Water Sports Rentals.
- See who can reel in the day’s biggest catch on a fishing outing with Capt. Stacy Fishing Center.
- Spend a day at the Salty Pirate Water Park.
- Start and end one day watching a breathtaking sunrise and sunset.
- Soak in the North Carolina sunshine at the 41-acre Emerald Isle Woods Park.
Be Close to It All at a Sun-Surf Realty Rental
After adventure-filled days exploring all the things to do in Emerald Isle, you want to be able to relax and unwind in comfort. By booking your stay at a vacation rental from Sun-Surf Realty, that’s exactly what you get.
With rentals up and down Emerald Isle, our collection of incredible vacation homes and condos puts you close to everything you could want on vacation. We even have pet-friendly rentals for those looking to bring their four-legged friends along. Every rental is unique, and the best way to learn which property is right for you is by calling 800-553-7873 to speak with a knowledgeable staff member.